A vacancy have arisen for an Ambulance Support Worker in the Hertfordshire Locality.
You will attend planned patient transfer requests and also on occasions attend sudden illness cases. You will also be covering at events where medical cover is needed.You will support a team in the provision of high quality and effective clinical and personal care, selecting and applying appropriate equipment and skills in line with the scope of practice and associated training that comes with this vacancy.
The successful candidates will be expected to respond and work various hours as needed. This may include unsocial hours, weekends and bank holidays.
For those who prove reliable, dedicated and professional will be considered for Part-Time/Full Time working as the opportunity arises.
To apply you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Good general education
- Good physical condition
- Hold a current valid First Aid qualification
- Be over the age of 25 for driving/insurance reasons
- Hold a current driving licence (Category C or C1 desirable), which ideally will be clean however up to three points may be considered dependent on conviction. Access to own transportation is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people and to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of individuals
- Ability to work effectively under direction and as part of a team
- Ability to develop and undertake courses to improve knowledge
- Subject to Satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau clearance
All appointments will be subject to currently having a clean disciplinary record. This post is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check at an enhanced level, applicant to meet costs.
Please be advised that a No Smoking Policy is in operation throughout the Company.
Salary: £8.00 – £12.00 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
All candidates must answer the following questions:
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Category C1 or C Licence?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Driving Licence?
- How many years of Healthcare experience do you have?
- Are you in Watford, Hertfordshire?